Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Popular Posts Today

Arrest in Leeds in cocaine investigation

Written By Unknown on Senin, 29 September 2014 | 22.40

A 29-year-old man has been arrested by officers from the UK's National Crime Agency investigating the seizure of more than a tonne of cocaine off the coast of Cork last week. The man, who was being sought by the agency, handed himself in at a police...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Protesters may face prison for contempt of court

Seven of nine protesters restrained by the High Court from interfering with workmen installing water meters in Dublin may face going to prison on Thursday for contempt of court. Barrister Jim O'Callaghan SC, counsel for a meter installation contractor,...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Inquest hears of deficiencies in Kivlehan care

The former master of the National Maternity Hospital in Holles Street has told an inquest into the death of Dhara Kivlehan that there were deficiencies both in her clinical care and at a systemic level. Dr Peter Boylan said the outcome might have been...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Inquiry told 20% of boys at NI home allege abuse

Northern Ireland's Historical Abuse Inquiry has been told that 20% of the 1,000 boys who were residents of De La Salle home in Co Down allege that they were physically or sexually abused. The home opened in 1950 and closed in 1985 and its residents...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Girl dies in Cork farm accident

An eight-year-old girl died and an 11-year-old girl was critically injured in a farm accident in north Cork. The dead girl has been named as Paula Dinsberga. The incident happened just outside Newtownshandrum at around 6pm yesterday and involved farm...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Education minister to back McNulty for Seanad seat

Minister for Education Jan O'Sullivan has said she will be voting for John McNulty in the upcoming Seanad by-election. The minister said that there were lessons to be learned from what she said had not been a well-run process. Speaking on RTÉ's News...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Two arrested after Galway stabbing incident

Written By Unknown on Minggu, 28 September 2014 | 22.40

Two men have been arrested in connection with a stabbing incident in Galway early yesterday. Gardaí say an 18-year-old man remains in a serious condition at Galway University Hospital, after suffering stab wounds in the attack. It happened...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Craughwell seeks legal advice over Seanad election

Independent Seanad by-election candidate Gerard Craughwell will meet legal advisers tomorrow afternoon, to decide on his next steps, as the controversy over the selection of Fine Gael candidate John McNulty continues. He said: "I am not going away....
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Hogan knew of €40m Irish Water allocation in 2012

Former Environment Minister Phil Hogan was informed as far back as December 2012 that Irish Water had allocated a sum of more than €40m out of which consultants, among others, would be paid. According to a document obtained by RTÉ's This Week programme,...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Police use tear gas on Hong Kong protesters

Hong Kong police have fired tear gas at pro-democracy campaigners who massed on major city centre highways in their tens of thousands. There were chaotic scenes, with protesters shouting as they tried to run away from the clouds of gas, the reporter...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Fresh NI peace talks to take place

The Irish and British Governments are to become involved in a new round of talks with Northern Ireland's political parties to address the problems in the peace process. The initiative was confirmed in a statement from the Minister for Foreign Affairs...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

HSE orders review into 'Miss Y' legal action

The Director General of the HSE, Tony O'Brien, has asked for a review into the legal approach taken in relation to Miss Y. The Department of Health has confirmed it raised concerns with the HSE over the approach its legal team was taking before a second...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Catalan leader calls independence referendum

Written By Unknown on Sabtu, 27 September 2014 | 22.41

The president of Spain's Catalonia region, Artur Mas, has signed a decree calling an independence referendum on 9  November, a vote the central government has said would violate the constitution and has promised to block. The wealthy...
22.41 | 0 komentar | Read More

22-month-old boy dies in Donegal accident

A 22-month-old boy has died after he was struck by a van in Letterkenny in Co Donegal. It happened in the driveway of his home in Creeve Glebe, at around a 7.45pm yesterday. Gardaí are treating the death as a tragic accident. A post mortem examination...
22.41 | 0 komentar | Read More

Efforts to identify Mayo body after crash

Gardaí are trying to establish the identity of a person who died in a single-vehicle collision in Co Mayo. Shortly before 1.30am, emergency services encountered a car off the road at Cartoon near Newport engulfed in flames. The fire was extinguished...
22.41 | 0 komentar | Read More

Man appears in court over multiple burglaries

A 26-year-old man has appeared in court charged with multiple burglaries in east Clare. Michael Sheehan of 44 Cliona Park, Moyross, Co Limerick was charged with committing a series of burglaries on 25 September 2014. The burglaries took place...
22.41 | 0 komentar | Read More

Crowds march in favour of 8th Amendment repeal

Crowds of people have turned out in Dublin to take part in a march in favour of changing Ireland's laws on abortion. The event was organised by a group called the 'Abortion Rights Campaign' who are calling on the Government to repeal...
22.41 | 0 komentar | Read More

Humphreys ignores McNulty nomination questions

Minister for Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht Heather Humphreys has ignored questions from the media over the the nomination of John McNulty for the Seanad. She was attending an event at the National Gallery of Ireland. Yesterday, Taoiseach Enda Kenny...
22.41 | 0 komentar | Read More

Fatal fire in Bray being treated as arson

Written By Unknown on Jumat, 26 September 2014 | 22.40

A house fire in Bray, Co Wicklow, in which a 55-year-old man died is being treated as arson by gardaí. The fire on Oldcourt Avenue broke out at about 4.30am. David Costigan was taken from the house by Wicklow Fire Service and CPR was administered,...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

GSOC investigates Clare road crash

A man in his 70s has had a leg amputated after he sustained serious injuries in a road crash in Co Clare yesterday evening.  The man was one of three people injured when a car being pursued by gardaí veered off the road and struck a number of parked...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Noonan confident McNulty row will pass

Minister for Finance Michael Noonan has sought to play down the controversy surrounding the appointment of Fine Gael's John McNulty to the board of the Irish Museum of Modern Art. Speaking in Limerick, Mr Noonan said Fine Gael is a very big party across...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Cameron lays out case for air strikes against IS

British Prime Minister David Cameron has set out the case for air strikes against Islamic State militants after recalling parliament for an emergency debate about taking on the extremists' "network of death". Mr Cameron said there was "no more serious...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Boat seized in Wales in €80m cocaine investigation

A motor boat has been seized in north Wales as part of an investigation into a massive cocaine seizure off the southwest coast of Ireland earlier this week. The seven-metre Sea Breeze is believed to be the vessel that was due to rendezvous with...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Call for AG to order inquests for Tuam babies

There has been a call for the Attorney General to order inquests to be carried out into the deaths of children who died at the Mother and Baby in Tuam, Co. Galway. This would necessitate excavations to be carried out at a site, where it's thought...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Cruise liner rescues 300 migrants off Cyprus

Written By Unknown on Kamis, 25 September 2014 | 22.40

A cruise liner returning from Greece has rescued about 300 people from rough seas off Cyprus. Those rescued are thought to be Syrian refugees whose trawler had run into trouble. The refugees, mostly women and children, were loaded aboard the Salamis...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Three held hostage in Dublin post office raid

A search is under way for two men following a kidnapping at a post office in Dublin overnight. Three armed and masked men forced their way into a home in Malahide and took three women hostage. They then forced an employee of the post office at Bayside to...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

GSOC chairman has 'no intention of resigning'

Chairman of the Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission Simon O'Brien has said the gardaí and the public can have confidence in his agency. It follows the part-publication of a report into the leaking of information to a newspaper about an internal investigation...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Murder investigation after Balbriggan shooting

Gardaí have begun a murder investigation following the shooting dead of a man in Balbriggan, Co Dublin this morning. The man, who was in his 30s, was shot dead in his car on Clonard Street just after 9am. His partner was shot in the...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Massive cocaine seizure a 'textbook' operation

The Naval Service has said the massive cocaine seizure off the southwest coast this week was a complicated operation and was put together at very short notice. A forensic examination of the 18-metre yacht on which a tonne of cocaine was recovered is...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

John McNulty steps down from IMMA board

Fine Gael's John McNulty has announced he is to step down from the Irish Museum of Modern Art board. Taoiseach Enda Kenny had come under pressure over the appointment of Mr McNulty to the board in recent days. Fianna Fáil said the appointment...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

106 arrests in Ireland as part of EU crime swoop

Written By Unknown on Rabu, 24 September 2014 | 22.40

Gardaí have arrested more than 100 suspects as part of an unprecedented Europol swoop on organised crime across Europe. Police across the EU arrested more than 1,000 suspects and rescued at least 30 trafficked children. Gardaí confirmed 106 people...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Man charged over woman's stabbing in Dublin

A 48-year-old man has appeared in court charged in connection with a knife attack on a woman in Dublin yesterday morning. Denis Leahy, of no fixed abode, is charged with assaulting Rose Kenny causing her serious harm at School Street flats in Dublin....
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Children escape bus fire in Co Cork

A bus carrying a number of children to the National Ploughing Championships today caught fire on the way to the event. The incident happened outside Ballyvourney in Co Cork at around 7am. Gardaí said it was a small fire in the engine of the...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Banking inquiry agrees terms of reference

The Oireachtas banking inquiry has agreed the terms of reference for its investigation into the banking crisis. The proposal is to be sent to both the Seanad and Dáil committees on Procedure and Privileges by the end of the week. The committee...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

IS-linked group 'beheads' abducted Frenchman

Jihadists linked to the Islamic State group claim to have beheaded a Frenchman abducted in Algeria in a video posted online. Herve Gourdel, a 55-year-old hiker from the southern French city of Nice, was kidnapped on Sunday by Jund al-Khilifa. The group...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Obama calls on world to help defeat jihadists

President Barack Obama has called on the world to join the US-led coalition to defeat jihadists in Iraq and Syria, branding them terrorists engaged in a "network of death." "The United States of America will work with a broad coalition to dismantle...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

National Ploughing Championships under way

Written By Unknown on Selasa, 23 September 2014 | 22.40

The 83rd National Ploughing Championships is under way at Ratheniska near Stradbally in Co Laois. More than 200,000 people are expected to attend the three-day event, which will feature around 1,400 exhibitors. It is Europe's largest outdoor exhibition...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Dublin Bus facing 'significant challenges'

Dublin Bus has implemented costs savings totalling more than €60m a year, but significant challenges still remain for the company, according to Chairman-Designate Ultan Courtney.  Addressing the Joint Oireachtas Committee on Transport and...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

US not alone in fight against IS - Obama

US President Barack Obama has vowed to continue the fight against Islamic State fighters following the first US-led airstrikes targeting the militant group in Syria. He also pledged to build even more international support for the effort. "Once again,...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Man held after woman stabbed in Dublin

A man has been arrested after a woman was left in a critical condition following a stabbing in Dublin city. The woman, who is aged in her 40s, was stabbed a number of times during an incident in the stairwell of a flats complex on School Street. ...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Concern over hospital waiting lists and budgets

Hospital waiting lists are increasing and University Hospital Limerick has overspent its budget by over €17m to July, according to latest performance figures from the Health Service Executive. The HSE currently expects its year-end deficit...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Former BBC DJ Travis guilty of indecent assault

Former BBC Radio 1 DJ Dave Lee Travis has been found guilty of indecent assault. The ex-Top of the Pops presenter was cleared on a second charge of the same offence following a trial at London's Southwark Crown Court. The jury were unable to agree...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Govt urged to maintain prudent budgetary stance

Written By Unknown on Senin, 22 September 2014 | 22.40

The Fiscal Advisory Council has urged the Government to stick to plans for tax rises and spending cuts in the Budget, despite an improving economic situation and stronger tax revenues. In a pre-Budget statement, the council warned that a premature...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Inquest into death of Dhara Kivlehan begins

An inquest into the death of an Indian woman, who died days after giving birth at Sligo General Hospital, has opened in Carrick-on-Shannon, Co Leitrim. Dhara Kivlehan died at the Royal Victoria Hospital in Belfast in 2010 after failing to get proper...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

€600k Govt aid to help tackle spread of Ebola

Ireland is to provide €600,000 as well as emergency supplies to help communities in Sierra Leone and Liberia affected by the Ebola virus. Minister of State at the Department of Foreign Affairs Seán Sherlock said the aid would include more...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Turkey closing some border crossings with Syria

Turkey has begun to close some of its border crossings with Syria following an influx of nearly 100,000 Kurdish refugees over the weekend to escape an offensive by jihadists from the self-styled Islamic State. The Turkish government estimates the...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More
techieblogger.com Techie Blogger Techie Blogger