Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Popular Posts Today

Rabbitte dismisses reshuffle 'axe' report

Written By Unknown on Sabtu, 30 November 2013 | 22.40

The Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources Pat Rabbitte has said he was not worried about a report in the Irish Independent that he was "facing the axe" when there is a cabinet reshuffle. Speaking at his party's conference in...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

One dead, 30 hurt after Glasgow helicopter crash

At least one person has died after a police helicopter crashed into the roof of a crowded pub in the centre of Glasgow. Witnesses said the helicopter came down "like a stone" from the sky and hit the roof of "The Clutha" at 10.25pm yesterday. Members...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Halawa sisters home in Ireland after Egypt ordeal

The Halawa sisters from Dublin who were detained following unrest in Egypt earlier this year have arrived home at Dublin Airport this morning.  Irish citizens Somaia, Fatima and Omaima Halawa were taken into custody in August following a protest...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Employers attack ESB unions over strike plans

The Employers' Group IBEC has accused unions at the ESB of holding the country to ransom by planning industrial action for next month which could lead to electricity power cuts.  Unions at the ESB formally served notice of industrial action...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Deputy State Pathologist quits in dispute

The Deputy State Pathologist Dr Khalid Jaber has resigned with immediate effect.  A spokeswoman for the Department of Justice and Equality said Dr Jaber tendered his resignation yesterday and that it was accepted by the Minister...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Driver killed in Kildare canal accident

Gardaí in Naas are investigating the death of a man after a car was found submerged in a stretch of the Grand Canal at Kilmeage, Co Kildare.  It was found by a member of the public at Newpark at around 10am this morning. The body of...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Boy awarded €8.5m for brain injury at birth

Written By Unknown on Jumat, 29 November 2013 | 22.40

A settlement of €8.5m has been made to the family of a young boy who suffered catastrophic brain injuries during birth. The Health Service Executive admitted liability last year in the case of Dylan Gaffney, who was born at Waterford Regional Hospital...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Son charged with mother's murder in Kerry

A 19-year-old man has appeared in court charged with murdering his mother. Patrick Dunne was brought before the Killarney District Court charged with murdering Susan Dunne, 62, at the home they shared in Lixnaw, Co Kerry, last Wednesday. Mr Dunne...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Gardaí try to identify body found in Phoenix Park

A post mortem examination is to be carried out this afternoon on the body of a man found in the Phoenix Park in Dublin. The body was discovered in a sleeping bag that caught fire near the Wellington Monument in the park at around 1.30am. State Pathologist...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Mater programme shows high rate of undiagnosed HIV

The results of the first year of a screening programme based at the Mater Hospital Emergency Department have revealed high rates of undiagnosed HIV infection in Dublin. Almost three in every 1,000 people who took part in the programme were diagnosed...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Parents 'disgusted' at CRC top-ups

An organisation that supports parents of children with special needs has said parents were "disgusted" to discover public donations were being used to top up salaries of staff at the Central Remedial Clinic. Lorraine Dempsey, Chair of the Special Needs...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Marks & Spencer workers vote for strike action

Workers in Marks & Spencer have voted in favour of industrial action following the closure of the workers' pension scheme without agreement. The workers voted by a margin of 94% in favour of strike action. Mandate trade union, which represents...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Receiver appointed to A-wear chain

Written By Unknown on Kamis, 28 November 2013 | 22.40

A receiver, Ken Fennell of Kavanagh Fennell, has been appointed to the A-wear chain of shops after the company failed to exit examinership. Latzur Limited, trading as A-wear, has been in the examinership process since October 8 as it tried to restructure...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Murder inquiry after Kerry death

The investigation into the death of Susan Dunne in Kerry yesterday has been upgraded to a murder inquiry. A post mortem examination carried out on the body of Ms Dunne this morning indicated that she died from injuries sustained in a violent attack....
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

RSA Ireland's chief executive resigns

The chief executive of RSA Insurance Group's Irish unit, Philip Smith, has resigned. In a statement, Mr Smith said he was made a "fall-guy" amid an internal investigation into the insurer's accounting practices, which left it impossible for him to achieve...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

ESB pension members 'held to ransom'

ESB Group of Unions general secretary Brendan Ogle has said members of the company's pension scheme were "being held to ransom". Speaking on RTÉ's Today with Sean O'Rourke, Mr Ogle said union members were carrying a risk of €1.6bn and that they...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Nigella PAs 'treated worse than Filipino slaves'

Two personal assistants to Charles Saatchi and his ex-wife Nigella Lawson complained that they were "being treated worse than Filipino slaves", a court has heard. The statement was made when they were confronted over their alleged spending sprees...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

MSD to close Swords plant by 2017

Pharmaceutical firm MSD has announced plans to close its plant in Swords in North Co Dublin by the end of 2017, which will result in the loss of 570 jobs. The company said today that no job losses would occur before the middle of next year at the earliest,...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Dublin teenager admits attempted murder

Written By Unknown on Rabu, 27 November 2013 | 22.40

A South Co Dublin teenager accused of the attempted murder of a 17-year-old has changed his plea to guilty during his Central Criminal Court trial. Tadhg Costello, 18, of Richmond Hill, Monkstown, had pleaded not guilty to the attempted murder of Josh...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Liam Adams sentenced to 16 years in prison

Liam Adams, who was convicted on ten counts of sexually abusing his daughter, Áine Dahlstrom, has been sentenced to 16 years in prison. Adams, 58, of Bernagh Drive in west Belfast was found guilty by a jury on 1 October after a three-week...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Limited ESB strike will lead to power cuts - Unite

The Unite trade union has said that even limited industrial action by ESB workers will result in power outages. Management and unions are due to meet tomorrow to discuss a dispute over a deficit in the company's pension scheme. Speaking on RTÉ's...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Judgment reserved over Anthony Lyons sentencing

The Court of Criminal Appeal has reserved its judgment on the sentence that should be imposed on businessman Anthony Lyons for the sexual assault of a young woman in Dublin three years ago. Last week, the court ruled the sentence imposed on him last...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Residential property prices up 6.1%

New figures from the Central Statistics Office show that residential property prices, at a national level, increased by 6.1% in the year to October. The CSO said that residential property prices grew by 1.8% in the month of October from September. ...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Man arrested after woman's body found in Co Kerry

A 19-year-old man has been arrested following the discovery of a woman's body in Co Kerry. The woman, who was in her 50s, was found by a neighbour shortly after 10am near the village of Lixnaw. It is understood that there are injuries on the body. ...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Collins loses promissory note challenge

Written By Unknown on Selasa, 26 November 2013 | 22.40

United Left Alliance TD Joan Collins has lost her challenge to the Government's promissory note payments. Ms Collins had claimed the payments were unconstitutional as they had never been approved by the Dáil. The notes formed part of the €31bn recapitalisation...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

'Right to die' woman asked for proof of condition

The partner of a woman who lost a Supreme Court challenge to Ireland's assisted suicide laws, has described as ludicrous a situation which saw the Health Service Executive look for proof that her condition had not changed. Speaking to RTÉ's News at...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Girl awarded €2.6m for brain injury at birth

The Health Service Executive has apologised to the parents of a 12-year-old girl who suffered a brain injury at birth after the High Court approved an interim settlement of €2.6 million. Roisin Conroy from Dysart in Portlaoise has cerebral palsy as...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Man jailed for €340,000 fraud of Co Cork company

A 47-year-old man who defrauded his employer of almost €340,000 has been imprisoned for five years. Dadibaku Ngnupumu pleaded guilty at Cork Circuit Criminal court to operating a computer to make gain for himself or loss to another at Avery Dennison...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Unemployment at lowest level since 2009 - CSO

Unemployment is at its lowest level since 2009, according to the latest figures from the CSO's Quarterly National Household Survey. The CSO said that unemployment stood at 12.8% in the third quarter of 2013, down from 13.6% in the second quarter. ...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

ESB strike threat 'damaging' - Taoiseach

The Taoiseach has said that threat of strike action at ESB is damaging and causing unease. Enda Kenny said the dispute was not about wage cuts but the definition of pensions.  Earlier, Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport Leo Varadkar  described...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

New material in Ian Bailey High Court case

Written By Unknown on Senin, 25 November 2013 | 22.40

The High Court has been told new material has come to light in proceedings taken by Ian Bailey against the Garda Commissioner for wrongful arrest and personal injuries. Mr Bailey is suing the garda authorities over their investigation into the murder...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Iran sanctions may be eased 'next month'

French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius has said the European Union will probably lift some sanctions on Iran next month in return for Iran limiting uranium enrichment work. His Iranian counterpart, Mohammed Javed Zarif, said his country will move quickly...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

HSE's 2014 Service Plan to detail €666m in cuts

The Health Service Executive is due to deliver its 2014 National Service Plan to Minister for Health James Reilly today. The plan covers spending of over €13 billion. It will also detail at least €666m in cuts to services and where savings must be...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Search under way for fisherman missing off Wexford

Two lifeboat crews, more than two dozen fishing boats and a helicopter are taking part in a search for a fisherman missing off the south Wexford coast. The alarm was raised after 12.30pm when a boat near the Great Saltee Island was noticed...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Car bomb partially explodes in Belfast city centre

A 59kg bomb left in a car outside a shopping centre in Belfast city centre last night partially exploded, the PSNI has confirmed. A detonator went off, but failed to trigger the bomb, which consisted of home-made explosives in a beer keg. Police...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

'Slavery' couple were leaders of Maoist collective

A couple who allegedly held an Irish woman and two others for more than 30 years were leaders of an extremist Maoist collective, it has been claimed. A senior source at Lambeth Council confirmed that Aravindan Balakrishnan and his wife Chanda were arrested...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Deal reached over Iranian nuclear programme

Written By Unknown on Minggu, 24 November 2013 | 22.40

Iran and six world powers have reached a deal overnight on Tehran's nuclear programme after intense negotiations in Geneva.  The deal while welcomed internationally has been condemned by Israel. Iran is to curb its nuclear activities - initially...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

HSE service plan could prevent top-up payments

The upcoming Health Service Executive service plan could be used to prevent top-up payments to executives in voluntary hospitals, according to the Chairman of the Oireachtas Health Committee. Jerry Buttimer believes the plan could be changed for health...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Man dies in Co Kilkenny crash

A 42-year-old man has died in a single-vehicle crash in Ballyhale, Co Kilkenny. The crash happened yesterday at around 9.15pm crash on the N9 at Knockwilliam. The man who died had been driving in the direction of Mullinavat when his car crashed into...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Frustration as banks contest identical complaints

The Financial Services Ombudsman has told RTÉ "it is a source of frustration" to his office that some banks contest hundreds of identical individual complaints through his office. Bill Prasifka told RTÉ's This Week programme banks "should...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Clashes at huge rally in Kiev over EU U-turn

Demonstrators in Kiev have clashed with riot police at a huge rally in the city protesting against their government's scrapping of a partnership deal with the EU.  Protesters vow they will stay on the streets until an agreement is signed with...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Tipperary armed raiders remanded in custody

Seven men charged in connection with an attack on a family home in Co Tipperary earlier this week have been remanded in custody at a special sitting of Cashel District Court. John Joyce,19, from Lentisk Lawn, Donaghmede, Dublin; Patrick Joyce, 21, from...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

US pays tribute to Father Alec Reid

Written By Unknown on Sabtu, 23 November 2013 | 22.40

The US has paid tribute to the "deep faith and moral courage" of the late Father Alec Reid for his role in helping bring peace to Northern Ireland.  The 82-year-old Redemptorist priest - whose four decades at Clonard Monastery in...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More
techieblogger.com Techie Blogger Techie Blogger