Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Popular Posts Today

Children taken into care after mother's death

Written By Unknown on Sabtu, 31 Agustus 2013 | 22.40

Two infant children are in care after their mother's body was discovered in Navan, Co Meath, while a man is under arrest.  Gardaí are appealing for information after the discovery at Bective House in Beaufort Place on the town's outskirts. ...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Man dies at Electric Picnic music festival

The death of a 20-year-old man at the Electric Picnic music festival in Co Laois is being investigated by gardaí. Emergency services were called to assist the man after he collapsed at around 1am.  He was later pronounced dead at Portlaoise General...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Ten injured with one critical after Co Kerry crash

Ten people have been injured, with one critically hurt, in a road crash in Co Kerry. All have been admitted to Kerry General Hospital. The accident happened at Clougherbrien outside Tralee shortly before 8pm last night. Two cars were involved. Six...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Seamus Heaney's funeral arrangements announced

The funeral of Seamus Heaney will take place on Monday morning at the Church of the Sacred Heart in Donnybrook in Dublin with burial afterwards in Co Derry. The poet, playwright, and Nobel Laureate died yesterday aged 74. Tributes have been made worldwide...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Pope Francis names chief aide

Pope Francis has made the most significant appointment of his pontificate so far, appointing a veteran Vatican diplomat as his number two. Archbishop Pietro Parolin becomes the pope's secretary of state, Vatican prime minister and chief aide - a role...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Syria chemical results 'could take two weeks'

Diplomatic sources say it could take two weeks before UN inspectors' tests into chemical weapons in Syria will be known - as Russian President Vladmir Putin says allegations Syria used them are 'utter rubbish'. A team of experts have finished working...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

CSO figures show 9% fall in birth rate

Written By Unknown on Jumat, 30 Agustus 2013 | 22.40

New figures from the Central Statistics Office show that there were 17,563 births registered in the first quarter of 2013, a decrease of 9% in the number of births registered in the corresponding quarter of 2012. Births in the first quarter of 2013...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Fugitive solicitor Michael Lynn arrested in Brazil

Solicitor Michael Lynn has been arrested in Brazil after fleeing Ireland over five years ago leaving debts of over €80 million. The 43-year-old is being detained following a bilateral arrangement between Ireland and Brazil. The High Court in Dublin...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

France supports 'firm' action in Syria

French President Francois Hollande has said he supports firm action to sanction Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's government. Mr Hollande said last week's apparent chemical attack caused irreparable harm to the Syrian people and must not go unpunished....
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Man dies following Dublin shooting

A 39-year-old man killed in Clondalkin in Dublin last night was reportedly shot as he tried to reach his home. A number of shots were fired before the gunman fled in a car, which was found burnt-out a short distance away. The man lived in the house...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Heaney's death 'brings great sorrow to Ireland'

President Michael D Higgins has led tributes to the poet and Noble laureate, Seamus Heaney, who has died at the age of 74. The President said that Mr Heaney was touched by a "mark of genius" and praised his work in dealing with human rights issues in...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Poet and Nobel laureate Seamus Heaney dies

World-renowned poet and playwright Seamus Heaney has died at the age of 74. Mr Heaney died in hospital in Dublin this morning. He had been in hospital after suffering a short illness, his family said in a statement. Mr Heaney was awarded numerous...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Buyer reportedly found for Cappoquin Poultry

Written By Unknown on Rabu, 28 Agustus 2013 | 22.41

It is understood that a buyer has been found for Cappoquin Poultry, one of the largest employers in west Waterford. The company had been in receivership. The identity of the buyer is not yet known, but it is believed to be an English company. The...
22.41 | 0 komentar | Read More

US to mark 50 years since King's 'Dream' speech

An address by US President Barack Obama will cap celebrations marking the 50th anniversary of civil rights leader Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speech. Mr Obama will speak during the "Let Freedom Ring and Call to Action" commemoration on the...
22.41 | 0 komentar | Read More

Two held after female garda injured

Two men have been arrested after a female garda was injured when her garda car was rammed in Swords, Co Dublin. The incident happened at around 3.25am after gardaí responded to a report of a car acting suspiciously in the Cian Lea estate. When gardaí...
22.41 | 0 komentar | Read More

Ryanair told to reduce Aer Lingus stake to 5%

The UK Competition Commission (UKCC) has told Ryanair to reduce its 29.8% stake in Aer Lingus to 5%. This will be accompanied by obligations on Ryanair not to seek or accept board representation or acquire further shares. Ryanair boss Michael O'Leary...
22.41 | 0 komentar | Read More

UK Security Council backs action on Syria

Britain's National Security Council has unanimously backed action against Syria in response to a suspected chemical weapons attack. Prime Minister David Cameron said on his official Twitter feed that "the NSC agreed unanimously that the use of chemical...
22.41 | 0 komentar | Read More

Irishman pleads guilty to dangerous driving

An Irishman has pleaded guilty to dangerous driving causing the deaths of two people in a car crash in Australia in 2007. Eamonn Driver, 31, from Slane in Co Meath was recently extradited to Australia and appeared before Perth Magistrates Court today....
22.41 | 0 komentar | Read More

Man loses case to condemn sister's will

Written By Unknown on Senin, 26 Agustus 2013 | 22.40

An 80-year-old man told the High Court that he felt he had won the lotto and lost the ticket after reading his millionaire sister's will and finding she had left much of it to charity. Joseph Dee, who worked all his life as a factory machinist in Dublin,...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Strong uptake of cervical cancer vaccine

The Health Service Executive has said there has been strong uptake of the HPV cervical cancer vaccine, with over 44,000 girls receiving the vaccine in the 2011-2012 programme. The routine programme for first year girls had an uptake rate of 86% for...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Peats World of Electronics to close

Peats ''World of Electronics'' is to close with immediate effect, resulting in the loss of 22 jobs. The company had last year closed a number of its stores, but managed to keep its flagship Parnell Street store and its online business open. In a statement...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Gardaí investigating final movements of Polish man

Gardaí investigating the death of a man whose body was found at a waste recycling facility are seeking help from the public in identifying his final movements. Henryk Piotrowski's remains were discovered at a Panda recycling plant in Walkinstown in...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

UN inspectors visit Damascus 'gas attack' site

A team of United Nations chemical weapons inspectors have returned to their hotel in Damascus after visiting one of the sites of an alleged poison gas attack. The six-car convoy went to the Damascus suburb of Mouadamiya, where the inspectors visited...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Two men injured in Dublin shooting

Two men have been injured in a shooting incident in Glasnevin in Dublin. The incident occurred at around 8.15am on Glasnevin Avenue. A 52-year-old man was shot as he cycled along the footpath and was found lying in the driveway of a house. He was...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Earthquakes strike Irish Sea

Written By Unknown on Minggu, 25 Agustus 2013 | 22.40

Two earthquakes have been recorded in the Irish Sea causing tremors on land nearby. The British Geological Survey, which collected data on the shakes, said the strongest had a magnitude of 3.3 at a depth of 5km. It was recorded just before 10am today....
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Man dies in Co Donegal hit-and-run

Gardaí in Co Donegal are investigating a fatal hit-and-run road incident near Bundoran in which a man in his late 40s died. His body was discovered at 5.10am on the Newtown Road just over 1km from the town beside the cemetery.  Gardaí say the...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

US: Syria chemical weapons denials 'not credible'

The United States has little doubt the Syrian government used chemical weapons against civilians last week, and any decision to open the site to UN inspectors was "too late to be credible," a senior US official has said. "Based on the reported number...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Florida woman charged with Irishman's murder

An American woman has been charged with murdering her Florida-based Irish boyfriend.  Wendy Hank, 33, of Christmas in Florida has been charged with the first degree murder of 39-year-old Darren William Haverty. Mr Haverty, who had been living...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Fianna Fáil calls for Ryanair investigation

Fianna Fáil has written to the Oireachtas Committee on Transport seeking an investigation into allegations about Ryanair's safety record which the company strenuously denies. Tranport spokesman Timmy Dooley has written to the committee chair John O'Mahony...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Polish man killed in waste bin accident named

The man whose body was found in a re-cycling truck in Dublin on Friday morning has been identified as a Polish citizen. He was Henryk Piotrowski, aged 43. Gardai have been liasing with Interpol and the Polish Embassy in Dublin to try to contact Mr...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Forensic tests after weapons find in Belfast

Written By Unknown on Sabtu, 24 Agustus 2013 | 22.40

Weapons and munitions have been recovered in the Castlereagh area of east Belfast. British Army ordnance and bomb disposal experts were called to the Manse Road in a major security alert. Police sealed off part of the area between the Rocky Road and...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Bo Xilai says convicted wife 'insane'

Fallen Chinese politician Bo Xilai has told the third day of his trial his convicted wife is 'insane' after her evidence contradicting his robust defence against corruption charges. The 64-year old former Communist Party chief of the southwestern city...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Murder inquiry after west Dublin shooting

Gardaí have started a murder investigation after a 21-year old man from Neilstown was shot dead overnight in west Dublin. Responding to reports of a shooting at Harelawn Green, officers discovered a man with multiple gunshot wounds to the head and body...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Iran condemns chemical weapons use in Syria

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has acknowledged for the first time chemical weapons had killed people in ally Syria and called for the international community to prevent their use. It comes as the United Nations' top disarmament official Angela Kane...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Gardaí seek Polish help to identify man

Gardaí are liaising with Polish authorities to find relatives of a man whose body was found at a waste recycling facility in Dublin. They say the man was in his 30s and is confirmed as a Polish national but has not yet been formally identified. It...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Four dead after Shetland oil rig helicopter crash

Four people who died when the helicopter ferrying them from an oil rig ditched into the sea off the Shetland Islands have been named. They were Sarah Darnley, 45, from Elgin; Gary McCrossan, 59, from Inverness; Duncan Munro, 46, from Bishop Auckland...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Hospital to investigate breach of confidentiality

Written By Unknown on Jumat, 23 Agustus 2013 | 22.40

The National Maternity Hospital is to carry out an investigation after details of the circumstances of a woman who underwent a termination under new abortion legislation were leaked to a newspaper. Clinical Director Dr Peter Boylan has expressed his...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Co Down man charged with two murders

A 66-year-old man has appeared in court in Co Armagh charged with murdering two women. Leslie Ross of Meganlis Park, Dromore in Co Down, was charged with the murder of 47-year-old Michelle Bickerstaff in April last year and the murder of Margaret Weise,...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Man's body found at Dublin recycling facility

A man's body has been discovered at a waste recycling facility in Dublin. The body was found by staff unloading a waste truck at the facility on Ballymount Road, Dublin 24, shortly before 9am. The body of the man, believed to be in his 30s, has been...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Russia urges Syria to cooperate with UN

Russia has urged the Syrian government to cooperate with a UN mission and allow it to investigate the alleged use of chemical weapons by troops loyal to President Bashar al-Assad. The ministry said Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and US Secretary of...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Almost 100,000 mortgages in arrears

Despite hope that mortgage arrears figures would begin to stabilise, the latest information from the Central Bank shows there has been an increase of 2,320 in the number of accounts in arrears. This means that 12.7% of private residential home loans,...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

At least 27 dead in Lebanon explosions

At least 27 people were killed and more than 50 wounded in two explosions outside mosques in Lebanon's northern city of Tripoli. The explosions, which appeared to be coordinated, went off outside two mosques as Friday prayers ended. A security source...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Four HMV stores to re-open in Dublin and Limerick

Written By Unknown on Kamis, 22 Agustus 2013 | 22.40

Four stores are to open under the HMV brand in Dublin and Limerick early next month. The music and film retailer closed all 16 of its outlets in Ireland last January after going into receivership. Hilco, which bought HMV from the receiver, will open...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Force needed if Syrian gas attack proved - France

France has said that the international community would need to respond with force if allegations that Syrian government forces had carried out a mass chemical attack on civilians proved to be true. Opposition activists said it is estimated that between...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Hosni Mubarak released from prison in Egypt

Former Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak has been released from prison in Cairo and is expected to be put under house arrest. A medical helicopter was seen departing from Tora prison on the southern outskirts of the capital. It landed minutes later...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

DUP councillor faces offensive message charge

A DUP member of Belfast City Council has appeared in court to face a charge of sending an electronic message that was grossly offensive. It relates to a comment 57-year-old Councillor Ruth Patterson made about an imaginary attack on a republican parade...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

US soldier Manning wants to live as a woman

US soldier Bradley Manning, who was yesterday sentenced to 35 years in military prison, has said he is female and wants to live as a woman named Chelsea. He was jailed for the biggest breach of classified US documents in US history. In a statement...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

60 jobs could be under threat at Heinz in Dundalk

As many as 60 jobs could be under threat at Heinz in Dundalk, as part of the restructuring of the company in Ireland and the UK. The company has said it was targeting 248 office job losses across its 2,600 workforce in Ireland and the UK. Latest accounts...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Hundreds reported killed in Syria 'gas attacks'

Written By Unknown on Rabu, 21 Agustus 2013 | 22.40

Syrian activists have accused President Bashar al-Assad's forces of launching a nerve gas attack on rebel-held districts near Damascus that they said killed almost 500 people. If confirmed, it would be by far the worst reported use of chemical arms...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Rise in complaints against financial institutions

A review of how banks handle customer complaints has shown no improvement in services for the first six months of the year. The review by the Financial Services Ombudsman shows that the number of complaints about financial institutions continues to...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Formal charges made in Peru drug case

Two women arrested on suspicion of trying to smuggle cocaine out of Peru have been formally charged, prosecutors have said. Michaella McCollum, 20, from Dungannon, Co Tyrone, and Melissa Reid, 20, from Glasgow, face a maximum prison sentence of 15 years...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More
techieblogger.com Techie Blogger Techie Blogger