Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Popular Posts Today

Man shot dead in west Belfast

Written By Unknown on Minggu, 31 Maret 2013 | 22.40

Police in Northern Ireland have launched a murder investigation after a man was shot dead in west Belfast last night. The victim, who was in his 20s, was shot when making a delivery in the Kennedy Way area at around 11pm. He was rushed to hospital...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Financial Services Ombudsman wants banks named

The Financial Services Ombudsman has said naming banks that are the subject of complaints to his office would create a "virtuous competition" in the institutions' behaviour towards customers. Speaking to RTÉ's This Week, Bill Prasifka reiterated a call...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Keaveney calls for Programme for Government review

Labour Party chairman Colm Keaveney has said a renegotiation of the Programme for Government is an immediate requirement for his party, in the wake of its poor performance in the Meath East by-election. Mr Keaveney said Labour needed to demonstrate...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Dublin water restrictions extended

Water restrictions in the Dublin area are to be extended from this evening due to continuing low levels of treated drinking water in the Stillorgan reservoir. Dublin City Council has announced it is extending water restrictions to 12 hours per day from...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Pope makes Easter plea for peace

Pope Francis has made an Easter Sunday peace plea, saying conflicts have lasted too long in Syria, and between the Israelis and Palestinians. The former Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina, who has made defence of nature an early hallmark of his pontificate,...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

McGuinness warns about Peace Process complacency

Sinn Féin's Martin McGuinness has warned the Irish and British Governments that they had become complacent and must not take the Good Friday Agreement and the Peace Process for granted. Speaking at Sinn Féin's Easter Commemoration in Dublin, he said...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

North Korea in 'state of war' with South

Written By Unknown on Sabtu, 30 Maret 2013 | 22.40

North Korea says it has entered a "state of war" with South Korea. "From this time on, the North-South relations will be entering the state of war and all issues raised between the North and the South will be handled accordingly," a statement carried...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Archbishop Martin 'saddened' by Vatileaks scandal

Archbishop of Dublin Diarmuid Martin has said the "Vatileaks" scandal revealed last year saddened him. Speaking on the Marian Finucane show on RTÉ Radio 1 today, Archbishop Martin said the whole affair had showed that "something rotten had got into...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

83 workers buried in Tibet landslide

Rescue work is underway for 83 landslide-trapped workers in Tibet. According to an official, the rescue is very difficult due to the lower temperatures. The rescue team is attempting to clear two million cubic meters of mud, rock and debris and detecting...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Italian president rules out early exit plan

Italian President Giorgio Napolitano has ruled out standing down early to make way for new parliamentary elections, following the failure of attempts to form a government this week. Mr Napolitano, whose term ends 15 May, spoke after news reports suggested...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Irish jockey left paralysed after Cheltenham fall

The jockey JT McNamara has been left paralysed after falling from his horse at the Cheltenham Festival more than two weeks ago. Mr McNamara, who is 37, has been receiving hospital treatment in Bristol since he fractured two vertebrae in his neck. He...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Eight suspected dissidents have detention extended

Eight men who were arrested yesterday as part of an investigation into dissident republican activity have had their period of detention for questioning extended. Gardaí recovered a loaded firearm during a search of a premises in Clondalkin as part of...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Cyprus will not leave eurozone - president

Written By Unknown on Jumat, 29 Maret 2013 | 22.40

Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades has said Cyprus has no intention of leaving the eurozone. He assured Cypriots the situation was "contained" in the wake of a tough bailout deal with the European Union. Mr Anastasiades was speaking a day after banks...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Husband receives Savita Halappanavar draft report

The Health Service Executive has delivered a copy of its 108-page draft final report into the death of Savita Halappanavar to the family solicitor in Galway. The report was given to Gerard O'Donnell this morning by Tony Canavan, the chief operating...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Gilmore vows to address collapse of Labour vote

Labour leader Eamon Gilmore has described the collapse of the Labour vote in the Meath East by-election as a disappointing result that the party intends to address. The Tánaiste was speaking today for the first time since the results were announced...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

North Korea puts missiles on standby

North Korea has put its missile units on standby to attack US military bases in South Korea and the Pacific. The threat came after the US flew two nuclear-capable stealth bombers over the Korean peninsula in a rare show of force. North Korean leader...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Eight arrested in dissident republican inquiry

Eight men have been arrested in connection with an investigation into dissident republican activity. Gardaí searched commercial premises in Clondalkin this afternoon as part of the inquiry. The eight men are aged from their mid-20s to 50s and are being...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Montenegrin jailed for 45 years for war crimes

A Montenegrin warlord has been given a 45-year jail sentence for the murder, rape and torture of non-Serb civilians in Sarajevo in the Bosnian war. It is the longest sentence handed down so far by the Bosnian war crimes court. Veselin Vlahovic, nicknamed...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Limits on transactions as Cyprus banks reopen

Written By Unknown on Kamis, 28 Maret 2013 | 22.40

Cypriot banks reopened today for the first time since 16 March, although transactions are subject to certain limits. The controls aim to prevent a run on the banks in the aftermath of a bailout deal for Cyprus that involves a loss on deposits in its...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

CSO figures show increase in violent deaths

There was a substantial increase in murders and manslaughters last year, according to the CSO annual crime figures released this morning. There were 60 murders and manslaughters last year, 15 more violent deaths than in 2011. The figures showed 54...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

New strategy aims to reduce road deaths

The Government aims to reduce road deaths by almost a quarter and serious injuries by 30% as part of its new road safety strategy, which will run to 2020. Last year saw the lowest number of road deaths recorded in Ireland, but the rate of fatalities...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Minister has not seen Halappanavar draft report

Minister for Health James Reilly has said he has not seen the final draft HSE report into the death of Savita Halappanavar. He said the draft will go to Ms Halappanavar's husband Praveen tomorrow, and he and his advisers will have time to consider it....
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

200 jobs to be created in Waterford

Nypro Healthcare is to create 200 jobs at a new medical device manufacturing facility in Waterford. The company has been in Bray, Co Wicklow, since 1980 and employs 400 people there. In 2001, the company promised 400 jobs in Waterford and delivered...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Helen McEntee tops complete tally in Meath East

The daughter of the late Shane McEntee, whose sudden and tragic death resulted in the Meath East by-election, is almost certain to become the Dáil's newest member. The completed tally shows the Fine Gael candidate, Helen McEntee, in the lead with over...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Solicitor expects Halappanavar report on Friday

Written By Unknown on Rabu, 27 Maret 2013 | 22.40

The final draft report of the Health Service Executive's clinical review into the death of Savita Halappanavar is expected to be given to her husband's solicitor on Friday. Solicitor Gerard O'Donnell said that both he and Praveen Halappanavar will need...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Kenny: No demand in insolvency rules to quit job

Taoiseach Enda Kenny has reiterated that no guidelines contained in the Personal Insolvency Arrangements would require anyone, man or woman, to give up work. Mr Kenny said he wanted to make it perfectly clear to everyone in the country, in particular...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Gardaí to be disciplined for conference walkout

Minister for Justice Alan Shatter has sanctioned disciplinary action to be taken against four garda sergeants who twice walked out of their association's annual conference this week. The four staged walkouts before the minister's address and Garda...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Cyprus set to impose capital controls - report

Cyprus is to impose a ban on cashing cheques and limit the amount of cash that can be taken out of the country under a series of measures to avert a run on the country's crippled banks, a Greek newspaper has reported. The Kathimerini newspaper, citing...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Concern over overcrowding at Limerick hospital

Calls have been made for urgent action to be taken to solve an overcrowding crisis at the emergency department at the Mid Western Regional Hospital in Limerick. The emergency department has 38 people waiting on trolleys for the second day in a row,...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Fresh weather warning for Leinster and Ulster

Fresh weather warnings have been issued as snow and ice persist in Leinster and Ulster. Snow and ice warnings have been issued until 10am tomorrow morning. Snow showers with accumulations of up to 5cm are forecast for counties Dublin, Kildare, Louth,...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Italian court orders retrial of Knox and Sollecito

Written By Unknown on Selasa, 26 Maret 2013 | 22.40

Italy's top court has overturned the 2011 acquittal of American student Amanda Knox and her former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito for the murder of Briton Meredith Kercher, and ordered a retrial. The decision by the Court of Cassation adds a further twist...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Large Cypriot depositors may face 40% cut

Cyprus's Finance Minister Michael Sarris has said big depositors in Cypriot banks could lose about 40% of their deposits as part of a €10 billion international rescue plan. "It could be in that neighbourhood but I do not want to anticipate it," Mr Sarris...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Decision to destroy heel-prick tests reversed

The Health Service Executive has been instructed to reverse the decision to destroy blood samples taken from newborn babies, which are known as heel-prick tests. Minister for Health James Reilly has said that more than one million samples should not...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

AGSI wants Uzi submachine guns reissued

Garda sergeants and inspectors have voted to seek to have the Uzi submachine gun, which was withdrawn, immediately reissued to detectives. A member of the AGSI national executive claimed that the death of detective Garda Adrian Donohoe might have been...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Warning of widespread wintry weather

Met Éireann has issued a weather warning for most of the country, and has forecast sub-zero temperatures overnight. The snow-ice warning covers Munster, Connacht, Leinster, Cavan and Monaghan. Light snow showers and icy stretches on roads can be expected...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Man missing as car goes into sea off Arklow

A rescue operation is under way after a car went into the sea off the pier in Arklow, Co Wicklow. The incident happened at around 6am. A woman, who is in her mid-20s, is being treated in St Columcille's Hospital in Loughlinstown. Gardaí are still...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

AGSI seeks independent review of rationalisation

Written By Unknown on Senin, 25 Maret 2013 | 22.40

The Association of Garda Sergeants and Inspectors is seeking a review of Government policing policies under the current rationalisation programme. The AGSI says station closures, increased workloads, fleet depletion and the moratorium on recruitment...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Trial date set for man accused of Meagher murder

The trial of the man accused of raping and murdering Louth woman Jill Meagher will start on 30 September. Adrian Ernest Bayley, 41, appeared in Victoria Supreme Court via video link from a Melbourne prison for a brief hearing this morning. He has pleaded...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Survey finds disparities in pharmacy drug prices

A survey conducted by the National Consumer Agency suggests that some pharmacies are charging double the price of other pharmacies for some drugs. It shows huge differences in the cost of individual prescription medicines in local areas. The nationwide...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Court rules in favour of Bewley's rent reduction

A High Court judge has ruled that the rent payable by Bewley's Oriental Café in Grafton Street, Dublin, to its landlord must be allowed to fall in line with the currently depressed open market rate. The restaurant's landlord, Ickendel Limited, which...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Cyprus avoids bankruptcy in €10bn bailout deal

Cyprus has secured a deal with international lenders to shut down its second largest bank and inflict heavy losses on uninsured depositors, including wealthy Russians, in return for a €10bn bailout. The agreement came hours before a deadline to avert...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

EU suspends range of Zimbabwe sanctions

The European Union has suspended most sanctions on Zimbabwe after voters there approved a new constitution. The decision paves the way for an election to decide whether President Robert Mugabe extends his 33-year rule. The EU move is the most far-reaching...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Thousands still without electricity in North

Written By Unknown on Minggu, 24 Maret 2013 | 22.40

Around 13,000 electricity customers are still cut off in the North because of bad weather. Emergency repair crews worked into the night to restore power to thousands of homes. Northern Ireland Electricity (NIE) said the weather was improving but snow...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Berezovsky home swept by chemical hazard police

British police say experts in hazardous materials have searched a property after the death of exiled Russian tycoon Boris Berezovsky. They have since given the all-clear and cordons around the property have now mostly been lifted.  Police said...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Head of Syria opposition resigns

The head of Syria's main opposition group has resigned, saying he had taken the step so he could work with more freedom. Moaz Alkhatib, a former imam of the Umayyad Mosque in Damascus, was picked to head the National Coalition for Syrian Revolutionary...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Minister admits communication 'mess' on tax

A Government junior minister has acknowledged failures in the way the decision to include large numbers of former ghost estates as being eligible for the property tax. Speaking on RTÉ's The Week in Politics Junior Minister Sean Sherlock said the Government...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Pope Francis celebrates Palm Sunday Mass in Rome

Tens of thousands of people have gathered in St Peter's Square in Rome where Pope Francis is celebrating Palm Sunday Mass. The new pontiff arrived in an uncovered vehicle to start Holy Week ceremonies, which lead up to Easter Sunday, which takes place...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Cypriot president in Brussels for crucial talks

A Cypriot delegation led by President Nicos Anastasiades has arrived in Brussels for last-minute talks with European Union politicians to avert a banking system collapse. The delegation arrived at a military base just outside Brussels in a private jet...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

35,000 still without power due to storms in North

Written By Unknown on Sabtu, 23 Maret 2013 | 22.40

Up to 35,000 homes in Northern Ireland are still without electricity following a second night of heavy snowfalls and strong winds. A network fault last night meant the whole of Belfast was without power for several minutes. Northern Ireland Electricity...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Ex-IMO boss claims €10,000 VHI entitlement

The former General Secretary of the Irish Medical Organisation George McNeice - who retired in his early 50s with a pension pot worth almost €10m - has claimed he is entitled to a further €10,000 for his VHI payments for the next year. When Mr McNeice...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Viable explosive device found in abandoned car

Police in Northern Ireland have confirmed that a car found abandoned near Enniskillen in Co Fermanagh was carrying a viable device. A security alert was raised when the vehicle was found on the Derrylin Road close to Thompsons Bridge yesterday morning....
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Pope Francis meeting with predecessor in Rome

An historic meeting is currently taking place between Pope Francis and his predecessor Pope Emeritus Benedict near Rome. There is no public record of any previous meeting between a Pope and his living predecessor. Hundreds of people gathered today...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

France confirms death of al-Qaeda warlord

The al-Qaeda-linked North African warlord Abou Zeid has been killed in combat with French troops in Mali. In a statement Saturday the office of French President Francois Hollande said the death was "definitively confirmed" and that Abou Zeid's death...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

'Significant progress' in Cypriot bailout talks

Cyprus has said it is looking at seizing a quarter of the value of big deposits at its largest bank, as it races to raise the funds for a bailout from the European Union and avert financial collapse. Finance Minister Michael Sarris said "significant...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

HIA report highlights community rating trends

Written By Unknown on Jumat, 22 Maret 2013 | 22.40

A report on the private health insurance market has concluded that insurers are continuing to adopt strategies that undermine community rating. The report to Minister for Health James Reilly showed a practice of segmenting and selecting profitable business,...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More

Former Christian Brother found guilty of sex abuse

A former Christian Brother has been found guilty of the sexual abuse of a boy at Letterfrack Industrial School in Co Galway in the 1960s. Robert Doherty, 72, was found guilty of six counts of indecent assault by a jury at Galway Circuit Criminal Court...
22.40 | 0 komentar | Read More
techieblogger.com Techie Blogger Techie Blogger